SAFETY NET SANCTUARY BENEFIT RAFFLE AND SPORTSMAN 40-LAPPER TOP JUNE 23RD SKED
BECHTELSVILLE, PA June 12, 2018 . . . There has been just one repeat winner in Grandview Speedway Saturday night stock car racing action so far this season. Brett Kressley, the current NASCAR T.P.Trailers 358 Modified division point leader, has two Modified wins to his credit and will be looking to win number three when T.P.Trailers & Truck Maintenance of Limerick present a tripleheader card of stock car racing excitement on Saturday night. In addition to the Modifieds there will be racing action for the Late Models and Sportsman stock cars. At least 12 events is being planned starting at 7:30 p.m.
Heading into the Saturday night action Brett Kressley is on top of the Modified point standings with 1153 markers followed closely by Mike Gular at 1136. In third is Jeff Strunk with 1084 followed by Craig Von Dohren at 1073 and Duane Howard at 1003. There have been 43 drivers earn points in the four nights of NASCAR Modified point racing run so far this season.
In the Sportsman division Brad Grim is on top with 894 followed by Brad Brightbill with 838 points. Also topping 800 points in third is young Louden Reimert with 815 counters. More than three dozen racers have earned Sportsman points.
Danny Snyder tops the Late Model standings with 705 points while veteran Lou Egrie is close behind with 673 points. Steve Todorow has 641 to hold third. There have been 21 racers earn Late Model points.
Saturday night event sponsor T.P. Trailers & Truck Maintenance has been a longtime supporter of racing at Grandview and as they do each Saturday night they will be paying bonus bucks to the feature winner in each division.
The big question on this night, will there be new winners or repeat winners? Last season there were close to three dozen feature winners. Can racers top that in 2018?
Fans have the opportunity to meet a couple of the weekly racers in the Low Down & Dirty Internet Radio Meet and Greet taking place near the main gate starting at 5 p.m. just 30-minutes before the ticket windows open. Featured this Saturday will be Sportsman racer Jesse Landis and Grandview veteran Modified racer Ron Kline.
As is the normal for a Saturday night regular tripleheader show the adult admission is $15 while youngsters under 12 are admitted free.
The Sportsman racers will be in the Spotlight on Saturday, June 23rd when a 40-lap feature will top their segment of the tripleheader. And an event that is sure to be popular with fans and racers who are pet lovers is the Safety Net Sanctuary Raffle Fundraiser that will be a huge part of the night. The care forever home for animals located on 11 acres in Fleetwood, PA gives a home to dogs, cats and farm animals. No animals are euthanized. Fans are invited to bring dog and cat food to be placed in special containers and take part in the raffle that will have winners walking off with gift baskets, race team items and area business gift certificates. A number of animals will be on display including a potbellied pig. For more info telephone Lisa Marie Poper at 610.944.8099.
Racing action on the 23rd will also feature the NASCAR T.P.Trailers 358 Modifieds and Late Models.
And on Sunday, June 24, 1 p.m. the Outlaw Enduros and Blast From the Past Vintage Racers will present another exciting doubleheader show.
Grandview Speedway is a one-third-mile, banked clay track, located on Passmore Road in Bechtelsville, PA just off Route 100 ten miles north of Pottstown. For event information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR T.P.Trailers 358
MODIFIEDS AS OF JUNE 9, 2018
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19B 1153**
- Mike Gular, Boyertown, PA #2 1136
- Jeff Strunk, Pottstown, PA #126 1084*
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 1073
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 1003
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 897
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 827
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 810
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 764
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #M7 736
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 676
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611 673
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 612
- Brian Krummel, Middletown, NY #17Z 553
- Steve Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #942 529
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 501
- Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #48 489
- Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 470
- Mike Kellner, Lansdale, PA #57 450
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 375
- Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 344
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 340
- Bobby Trapper, Scranton, PA #69 314
- Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA #14W 310*
- Skylar Sheriff, Auburn, PA #33S 306
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 300
- Bobby Trapper, Jr., Scranton, PA #2T 293
- Joe Fanelli, Exton, PA #22 287
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 257
- Chris Gambler, Whitehall, PA#77 256
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
LATE MODELS AS OF JUNE 9, 2018
- Danny Snyder, Frederick, PA #44 705*
- Lou Egrie, Willow Grove, PA #X4 673
- Steve Todorow, Trumbauersville, PA #93 641*
- Drew Weisser, Reading, PA #19 624
- Kyle Merkel, Green Lane, PA #26 594
- Wayne Pfeil, Mohnton, PA #72 523*
- Chuck Schutz, Pottstown, PA #00/1 509*
- Patrick Robinson, Bechtelsville, PA #5 450
- Steve Wilson, Green Lane, PA #15 430
- Bryan Sipe, Shoemakersville, PA #33S 391
- Brian Shuey, Shoemakersville, PA #177 389
- Todd Ravel, Shoemakersville, PA #88 320
- Jordan Knepp, Pottstown, PA #108 290
- Dirk Rimrott, Phoenixville, PA #5H 190
- Sean Merkel, Boyertown, PA #118 176
- Dallas Breidenbach Spring City, PA #X 150
- Kody Sites, #99K 120
- Dave Ogin, Fleetwood, PA #12 93
- Shawn Horning, Blandon, PA #8M 90
- Dustin Fitzcharles, #22X 80
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JUNE 9, 2018
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #23 894*
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 838
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #58 815
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 760
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 698
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 675
- Brad Arnold, Sinking Spring, PA #830 675*
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 597*
- Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 592
- Jim Houseworth, Reigelsville, PA #72 555
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 550
- Ryan Higgs, Nazareth, PA #16 510
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA#6 503
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 498*
- Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 481
- Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14F 441
- Kurt Bettler Hellertown, PA #54 387
- Gary Wagner, West Lawn, PA #47 385
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA , PA #F10 358
- Lex Shive Pennsburg, PA #5K 302
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are
NASCAR point events.