THOMPSON, CT – Due to the forecast for rain and thunderstorms throughout the day, Thompson Speedway Officials have announced the cancellation of tomorrow’s Limited Sportsman Long Distance, presented by Pepsi. The second of seven events scheduled on Thompson’s 5/8-mile oval will not be made up. The 30-lap feature race for the Limited Sportsman race will be added to the Thompson 125.
The Thompson 125 is scheduled for Wednesday, June 13, with races beginning at 5pm. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour headlines the six-division race program, which also includes races for Thompson’s four NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Divisions, and the NEMA Lites. For more information about the event, please visit thompsonspeedway.com.
Thompson, CT ( May 16th, 2018) – Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP) is honoring all Active Military & Veterans with Free General Admission tickets.
“Without the tremendous sacrifices of our military members and their families, none of us would be able to enjoy the sport we love. Honoring them at our next NASCAR Whelen All-American Series event is a small gesture on our part to say thank you. We are eager to treat them to some great wheel-to-wheel competition at the nation’s first paved short track.” said Josh Vanada, General Manager of TSMP.
The highly rated Limited Sportsman Long Distance & Military Night, Presented by Pepsi features Ten extra laps to determine who will receive the spoils of the increased purse.
General admission will only be $12, Seniors (65+) $10, and Active Military & Veterans are FREE. Kids 12 and Under are also free.
Sunoco Modified (30)
Late Model (25)
Limited Sportsman (30)
Mini Stock (15)
Pits are opening 10 am, grandstands open 12pm and racing begins at 1:30.
Tickets for the Limited Sportsman Long Distance Military Night will be available at the event.
At Thompson International Speedway
Lap length: 0.625 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
- (3) Justin Bonsignore, Holtsville, NY, Chevrolet, 150 laps, 63.884 mph.
- (10) Craig Lutz, Miller Place, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
- (4) Rowan Pennink, Huntingdon Valley, Pa., Chevrolet, 150.
- (27) Ryan Preece, Berlin, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (21) Matt Swanson, Acton, Mass., Ford, 150.
- (2) Doug Coby, Milford, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (20) Rob Summers, Manchester, CT, Chevrolet, 150.
- (14) Chase Dowling, Roxbury, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (18) Bobby Santos, Franklin, Mass., Chevrolet, 150.
- (8) Timmy Solomito, Islip, N.Y., Ford, 150.
- (23) Chris Pasteryak, Lisbon, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (25) Woody Pitkat, Stafford, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (13) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
- (22) Andrew Krause, Holmdel, N.J., Toyota, 150.
- (28) Tommy Catalano, Ontario, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
- (17) Calvin Carroll, Newton, N.J., Chevrolet, 150.
- (31) Gary McDonald, Ronkonkoma, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
- (36) Wade Cole, Hartland, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
- (1) Ronnie Williams, Ellington, Conn., Chevrolet, 149, accident.
- (5) Jon McKennedy, Chelmsford, Mass., Chevrolet, 149.
- (33) Manny Dias, Attleboro, Mass., Chevrolet, 147.
- (32) Joe Degracia, Nutley, N.J., Chevrolet, 147.
- (29) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 146.
- (9) Ron Silk, Norwalk, CT, Chevrolet, 141, accident.
- (12) Dave Sapienza, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 138, rear end.
- (11) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 134, accident.
- (24) Eric Goodale, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 134, accident.
- (16) Jimmy Blewett, Howell, N.J., Chevrolet, 134, accident.
- (7) Austin Pickens, Windermere, Fla., Chevrolet, 126.
- (35) Melissa Fifield, Wakefield, N.H., Chevrolet, 116.
- (15) Blake Barney, Lakewood, N.J., Chevrolet, 112, accident.
- (30) Kyle Soper, Manorville, N.Y., Chevrolet, 57, accident.
- (6) Patrick Emerling, Orchard Park, NY, Chevrolet, 25, accident.
- (26) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, N.Y., Chevrolet, 24, accident.
- (34) Walter Sutcliffe Jr., East Haven, Conn., Chevrolet, 9, ignition.
- (19) Max Zachem, Preston, Conn., Chevrolet, 1, accident.
Time of Race: 1 hour 28 minutes 3 seconds
Margin of Victory: Under caution
Fastest Qualifier: R.Williams (119.738 mph, 18.791 seconds)
Caution Flags: 11 for 56 laps.
Lead Changes: 16 among 9 drivers.
Lap Leaders: D. Coby 1-36; C. Dowling 37-59; D. Coby 60; C. Dowling 61-63; T. Solomito 64; C. Dowling 65-76; J. Bonsignore 77-79; E. Goodale 80; T. Solomito 81-86; C. Lutz 87-91; R. Pennink 92-93; J. Blewett 94-107; C. Dowling 108-114; J. Blewett 115; C. Dowling 116-118; J. McKennedy 119-145; J. Bonsignore 146-150.
Standings: 1. J. Bonsignore, 87; 2. C. Lutz, 79; 3. C. Dowling, 79; 4. J. McKennedy, 72; 5. R. Summers, 71; 6. D. Coby, 70; 7. T. Solomito, 67; 8. C. Carroll, 64; 9. B. Myers, 60; 10. J. Blewett, 59.