Brad Keselowski will lead the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series field for the Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway this Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
LOUDON, N.H. – Brad Keselowski captured the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series pole award in Friday’s Cape Cod Café Pizza Pole Day at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, putting him in the lead position to start Sunday’s Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 at 3:00 p.m. This is Keselowski’s fourth career Cup Series pole award at Loudon.
“I always personally hesitate to undervalue qualifying,” said 35-year-old Keselowski. “With that in mind, there are some tracks that are less impactful to win the pole, but as you look to rank the tracks where qualifying well matters, this is certainly towards the top.”
The Busch brothers finished right behind Keselowski posting lap times of 27.942 seconds (Kyle) and 27.957 seconds (Kurt), but Keselowski reached 136.384 mph during his best lap, placing him 0.015 seconds faster than Kyle (27.927 seconds), which earned him his first 2019 pole.
Keselowski still holds on to the speedway’s record lap time for Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying, reaching a speed of 140.598 mph, which sent him around “The Magic Mile” in 27.090 seconds in 2014.
“I always feel like I’m 10% of the equation and I get 90% of the credit,” said Keselowski. “If you feel like you’re 10% of the equation, then what’s the other 90% of it? It’s the pit crew, it’s the engineering, it’s the mechanics that bolt the car together. All of those things have to come together on any given weekend to be successful.”
Keselowski will be at the front of the pack in Sunday’s Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 as all 37 drivers fight for that coveted spot in victory lane.
For ticket information for all 2019 events at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, including the July 19-21 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 race weekend and the September 20-21 Full Throttle Fall Weekend, visit the speedway website at NHMS.com or call Fan Relations at (603) 783-4931.
Photo Courtesy: NHMS/Harold Hinson Photography