On Point For Saturday’s Whelen Modified Tour F.W. Webb 100
LOUDON, N.H. (Sept. 25, 2015) – Doug Coby earned a season sweep of Coors Light Pole Awards at New Hampshire Motor Speedway when he took the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour’s top qualifying honors for the F.W. Webb 100.
Coby, of Milford, Connecticut, posted a fast lap of 29.130 seconds (130.752 mph) to notch his eighth career pole overall and third at the 1.058-mile oval. It was his fourth Coors Light Pole of the 2015 season, which includes the Whelen Modified Tour’s first trip to NHMS in July.
Bobby Santos qualified outside pole with a quick circuit of 29.249 (130.220) while Woody Pitkat was third-fastest at 29.256 (130.189).
Timmy Solomito, Justin Bonsignore, Ryan Newman, Anthony Nocella, Andy Seuss and Chase Dowling brought home the top 10 in the 34 car field.
Championship points leader Ryan Preece qualified 17th at 29.616 (128.606) after he led all cars in the morning practice session. He brings a one-point lead in the standings to NHMS over Pitkat while Coby is 25 back in third.
The F.W. Webb 100 will go green on Saturday at approximately 3:30 p.m. following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ UNOH 175. The F.W. Webb 100 will be telecast on NBCSN on Oct. 1 at 7 p.m.
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour – F.W. Webb 100 Lineup
Race Saturday; Qualifying Friday
at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Lap Length: 1.058 miles
- (2) Doug Coby, Milford, Conn., Chevrolet, 130.752
- (44) Bobby Santos, Franklin, Mass., Chevrolet, 130.220
- (38) Woody Pitkat, Stafford, Conn., Chevrolet, 130.189
- (8) Donny Lia, Jericho, N.Y., Chevrolet, 130.033
- (16) Timmy Solomito, Islip, N.Y., Ford, 129.962
- (51) Justin Bonsignore, Holtsville, N.Y., Chevrolet, 129.630
- (7) Ryan Newman, South Bend, Ind., Chevrolet, 129.450
- (64) Anthony Nocella, Woburn, Mass., Chevrolet, 129.375
- (70) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 129.371
- (9) Chase Dowling, Roxbury, Conn., Chevrolet, 129.296
- (58) Eric Goodale, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 129.195
- (07) Patrick Emerling, Orchard Park, N.Y., Chevrolet, 129.191
- (4) Todd Szegedy, Ridgefield, Conn., Dodge, 129.160
- (89) Matt Swanson, Acton, Mass., Chevrolet, 128.981
- (22) Ted Christopher, Plainville, Conn., Chevrolet, 128.954
- (15) Ron Silk, Norwalk, Conn., Chevrolet, 128.702
- (6) Ryan Preece, Berlin, Conn., Chevrolet, 128.606
- (14) Max Zachem, Preston, Conn., Chevrolet, 128.506
- (13) James Civali, Meriden, Conn., Chevrolet, 128.079
- (93) Rowan Pennink, Huntingdon Valley, Pa., Chevrolet, 127.542
- (75) Shawn Solomito, Islip, N.Y., Chevrolet, 126.973
- (3) Troy Talman, Oxford, Mass., Chevrolet, 126.964
- (46) Jeff Goodale, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 126.871
- (56) Craig Lutz, Miller Place, N.Y., Chevrolet, 126.863
- (36) Dave Sapienza, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 126.833
- (83) Tom Rogers, Jr., Patchogue, N.Y., Chevrolet, 126.774
- (37) Dave Salzarulo, Enfield, Conn., Chevrolet, 125.944
- (99) Jamie Tomaino, Howell, N.J., Chevrolet, 124.973
- (18) Ken Heagy, Calverton, N.Y., Chevrolet, 124.973
- (19) Brandon Oltra, Alden, Pa., Chevrolet, 124.662
- (82) Danny Watts, Jr., Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 124.515
- (33) Wade Cole, Hartland, Conn., Chevrolet, 124.381
- (26) Gary McDonald, Ronkonkoma, N.Y., Chevrolet, 121.882
- (01) Melissa Fifield, Wakefield, N.H., Chevrolet, 118.551